In a new report out Saturday morning in the New York Times, it turns out that disgraced former Fox News anchor Bill O'Reilly settled ANOTHER sexual harassment claim from a co-worker earlier this year... for a whopping $32 million.
The other issue here for the network comes with the fact that they had signed O'Reily to a new contract in February, bumping his salary up to $25 million a year.
"The Times printed leaked information provided by anonymous sources that is out of context, false, defamatory, and obviously created to embarrass Bill O'Reilly and to keep him from competing in the marketplace", O'Reilly's spokesman Mark Fabiani said in a statement. Gretchen Carlson, who received $20 million a year ago after claims against Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, tweeted her take on the matter: "Nobody pays $32m for false allegations - nobody".
O'Reilly, host of The O'Reilly Factor, was ousted from the news channel in April amid reports he'd settled multiple suits to the tune of $13 million.
The Times' story rocked the political world Saturday because it reported the dollar amount that O'Reilly paid to settle sexual harassment accusations levied by Lis Wiehl, one of six woman to levy sexual misconduct accusations against O'Reilly.
Amid the turmoil, 21st Century Fox had been facing legal and regulatory pressure, particularly its need to improve its image while seeking approval from British regulators to buy the European satellite company Sky.
Tigers plan to hire Ron Gardenhire as manager, report says
Zimmerman has $74 million in the last three years of the deal while the Tigers owe Cabrera $184 million in the last six seasons. The Tigers are on a rebuild after trading their long-time players - starting pitcher Justin Verlander and Justin Upton .
The network's parent company, 21st Century Fox, acknowledged to the paper that it was aware of Wiehl's charges about O'Reilly, which included allegations of repeated harassment, a nonconsensual sexual relationship and the sending of gay pornography and other sexually explicit material to her, Times insiders disclosed.
Mr. O'Reilly ultimately left Fox News three months after reaching the settlement with Ms. Wiehl following news reports surfacing detailing a handful of similar, previously undisclosed allegations of sexual harassment raised by several of his female colleagues.
After a few days of negotiation, O'Reilly and Wiehl reached a deal, according to the Times.
Carlson's input arrives after O'Reilly complained that the NY Times had published "y$3 et another smear article on me". However, after other sex scandal allegations broke publicly about O'Reilly, he was sacked by Fox News.
21st Century Fox settled nearly all these cases, paying out close to $100 million. The settlement was finalized in January.
In its latest diatribe against Bill O'Reilly, the Times printed leaked information provided by anonymous sources that is out of context, false, defamatory, and obviously created to embarrass Bill O'Reilly and to keep him from competing in the marketplace.