Modu Usman, another source who escaped from the town told Tribune that he heard some girls crying from his hideout in the bush giving credence to the fact that a number of missing students may still be in the bush as at yesterday.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has expressed concern over the conflicting reports on the girls who fled Government Secondary School, Dapchi, Yobe state, following a Boko Haram attack on Monday night.
"They ran out of foods and carted way foodstuffs from the school", the CP said.
The government doubted whether any of the girls at Government Girls Secondary School in Dapchi, had been abducted by the attackers, saying there was no credible information to back the story of abduction.
In the meantime, the police have confirmed abduction of three men by Boko Haram after an attack on a public school, in Yobe State, on Monday night.
The teacher stated that 94 students could not be accounted for following a roll call but added that they have not been able to establish if the girls were abducted or not.
"We also urge the All Progressives Congress (APC)-controlled Federal Government to live up to its basic responsibility of protecting lives and property in our country".
In the same vein, Aishatu Abdullahi, one of the schoolgirls that escaped the attack has claimed that it was not all of the students that were so lucky as she claims that some of the girls may have been taken away by the armed insurgents.
Yobe state Police Commissioner Sumonu Abdulmaliki on Tuesday told reporters Boko Haram had not abducted any girls in Dapchi. "These people are taking care of us, and we are grateful to them", one girl said.
Home Ministry Seeks Report From LG On Assault On Delhi Chief Secretary
AAP and anarchy have become synonymous. "Will be a very unsafe situation if Delhi goes towards administrative paralysis". The home minister would also meet a delegation of IAS officers of the Delhi government, a ministry official said.
Inuwa Mohammed, whose 16-year-old daughter is one of those still missing, told Agence France-Presse: "Nobody is telling us anything officially".
The length of time since the attack and Boko Haram's use of kidnapping as a weapon during its almost nine-year insurgency has increased fears of another mass abduction.
"The team is profiling the students to know those who are missing?"
"This has brought down the 94 missing students realized at the yesterday head count to 48 this morning".
"As I am talking to you, I have no evidence to say that they were abducted or they were not abducted", he added.
Girls said to have been kidnapped from the northeast Nigerian town of Chibok are seen in an unknown location in Nigeria in this video still obtained on January 15.
Getting accurate information from the remote northeast remains hard.
"They're spending a lot of money on arms and logistics".