On Thursday, family members identified the missing worker as 27-year-old Dylan Mitchell.
A man is feared dead after an explosion at a chemical plant in Texas on Thursday.
The second person's injuries were not as serious and was taken to the Lake Granbury Medical Center.
It wasn't immediately clear what types of chemicals are manufactured at the Tri-Chem Industries plant in Cresson, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) southwest of Dallas.
The witnesses said there were "big fireballs" shooting out of the building. People at a lumber yard that's next door were told to leave. 'Then, the fire, it smells like sulfur'.
Cresson Mayor Bob Cornett said the liquid chemical plant where the blast happened manufactures products like soap an acid.
The mayor of the rural North Texas town where an explosion and fire rocked a chemical plant says crews won't be able to search for a missing man until Friday morning. Authorities said workers at the plant were special shoes to eliminate or reduce static discharge.
Julius Peppers Reportedly Will Re-Sign with Panthers on 1-Year Contract
He has made the Pro Bowl nine times, AP All-Pro First Team three times and was named to the NFL All-Decade Team of the 2000s. Peppers helps provide some depth at defensive end after starter Charles Johnson was released earlier this offseason.
Although there is a fertilizer plant adjacent to the Tri-Chem plant, Wilson said there's "no known threat to their facility".
Tri-Chem Industries offers commercial chemical blending services for customers in Texas, Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region, according to its website.
The chemicals it mixes are mostly used by the oil and gas industry to drill disposal wells.
Smoke from the fire blew towards Fort Worth and Weatherford, and the Environmental Protection Agency is monitoring air emissions.
One worker is still missing after the fire.
In recent years, Texas leaders have made it increasingly hard for the public to find out about the chemicals manufactured and stored at such plants.
'What was burnt and exploded was quite toxic, ' Cornett said.