Mother's Day will be a nice one, with partly sunny skies and highs around 70. Unsettled weather conditions will continue for majority of the week.
This will create more sunshine than clouds for the first half of the weekend with highs in the lower 90s.
Temps overnight will near 55 degrees with NNE winds of 5-15 miles per hour.
Clouds increase Friday night, though, with showers developing after midnight and overnight lows in the mid-50s. We are left with a mostly cloudy day. Areas of dense fog are expected to collect in the foothills and along Interstate 25 on the ridges near Cheyenne and Monument through mid-morning. Winds may gust as high as 18 miles per hour. There is a 20 percent chance of rain. The chance of precipitation is 80 percent with new rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Most of us stay dry this evening but a complex pushing through north central IL has shown heavy lightning and a hail threat.
Jedi Council: Chewbacca Actor Joonas Suotamo Joins the Council to Talk 'Solo'
Meanwhile, Thandie Newton as Val and Phoebe Waller-Bridge as Lando's droid companion, L3-37, also get special mentions. Composer John Powell reveals the track listing for his Solo: A Star Wars Story score/soundtrack.
Tuesday should be dry, but Wednesday and Thursday look to bring the afternoon showers/storms we associate with summer. A slight breeze out of the southwest at 10-13 miles per hour will make it feel slightly better outside. Temperatures will be in the low 70s with mostly cloudy skies.
A few spotty showers are likely on Saturday, however forecast models are suggesting that they will be very isolated and short-lived. Expect afternoon and evening pop up showers and storms through Wednesday, with pattern settling down a bit for the end of the work week.
Tuesday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms, then a chance of showers after 7 a.m. Highs will be in the mid-80s.
Most importantly, remember, when thunder roars - go indoors!